Needless to say I’ve been through my share of “Bra-Blems.” Slipping strap? yep. Quad-Boob? been there, done that, still have nightmares. Cup gaping? oh yeah. Most recently I suffered though the dreaded digging in strap. It was so bad one day it felt like my bra strap was literally cutting into my circulation. Here are a few things I’ve learned on my Bra journey:
- Get fitted. Most women are wearing the wrong size bra and you’ll be amazed at what the right size bra will do for you.
- If you have a little spillage on one or both breasts (Quad-boob or Tri-boob) a full coverage bra or going up a cup size may help.
- If your strap is digging into you it may be due to a worn out bra or the need to go down a band size.
- If you want your bra to last hand wash it. Yes it’s a pain, but it’s worth it if you love the bra.
- You get what you pay for (usually). Cheap bras are fine but I’ve found they generally wear out faster than better quality bras.
- Find a place that can actually fit you. Some places only offer bras up to a certain size, don’t be deterred by these places. If you have big boobs go to a store that stocks your size, a good fiting bra is worth it.
- If you’ve lost or gained weight you may want to get resized. Weight fluctuates for a variety of reasons and that can seriously impact your bra size. So, if you’ve gained or lost weight recently it may be time to get resized to make sure you’re getting the support you need.
- Lace bras are cute but impractical. I love a lace bra but I’ve found they’re generally better as a special occasion bras vs. everyday. If you wear anything tight over them you’re gonna see the pattern of the lace through whatever you’re wearing.
- A nude colored bra is best under white. You may think a white bra would be better under a white shirt but actually a bra that matches your skin tone won’t show up under white.
Despite all that experience I can count on one hand the number of truly comfortable bras I’ve owned. Thus, like many women I know, once I get home my bra is one of the first things to come off.
Thankfully Third Lovehas come to the rescue! Third Love has worked tirelessly to revolutionize the search for the perfect fitting bra. They understand all breasts aren’t the same and bras should fit you and your unique shape. They’ve put together a few tips to help you fight those common “Bra-Blems.”